Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Sister's Keeper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tally

Tally

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:04 am

Fantastic film. I just wrote about it in my blog, so I'll just copy that over rather than repeating myself. It really got to me this one. & I really want to read the book now.

" "See, as much as you want to hold onto the bitter sore memory that someone has left this world, you are still in it"

"I learn from my own daughter that you don’t have to be awake to cry."

"Kids think with their brains cracked wide open; becoming an adult, I've decided, is only a slow sewing shut."

"Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them."

"You dont love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not"

"Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it."

I sobbed my way through this film in the cinema last night but came out feeling glad I'd seen it. It really makes you realise and feel awful (rightly so) for all those little things you complain about and more than anything it makes you appreciate the certainty you have that a future lies ahead of you. I mean God, here I am worrying over whether I'm going to be going to university this year or the next, when there are people out there who are wondering if they're going to wake up to see another day.

I say this now, I mean like, I remember not to complain and worry over silly things now, because the images of that film and its message are still fresh in my mind but in a week or so I bet it will slowly slip away and I'll be complaining about going to work on Sunday, or not having enough money to go to the pub or any of the usual things I find to complain about. But I suppose I'm only human, all I can hope is that neither I nor the people I love have to find out what it's like to have real worries. I suppose that's all any of us can hope for.

The most positive message I got from the film was that all you can really do, no matter how long or short your time on this planet is, is to live, don't waste your time dithering or worrying and complaining, just do your best to make the most of the time you have; like Kate did and like her mother had to learn.

Anyway, it's an inspiring film, see it! Or read the book, or both!"
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 4:59 am

I haven't seen this film but it's doing really well at the cinema I work at, and it sells out sometimes, and people come out with bleary eyes. I really want to go and see it, especially after your review, so I'll drag a friend along with me.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 9:25 am

Okay so I went to see it with Mum just, and aside from the stupid childish twatty girls infront who eventually, I got chucked out, it was a real big sobfest. I cried buckets! BUCKETS! So did Mum, and I thought it was a really good movie. Apparently the ending to the book is different but that didn't bother me too much as I haven't read the book. All the actors in this movie were brilliant, including... *bites lip* Cameron Diaz. I don't really like her but credit to her in this movie. Smile
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:21 am

Ahh omg i have to see this movie it looks sooo awesome i cant wait to go see it and ill probably go with my sister cause she wants to see it too!
I reckon im gonna cry it looks real sad too, and by what you've just said sarah i probably will!
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009, 5:25 am

I've seen it in the USA. And I LOVED IT. I cried, and cried, and cried, and cried. I think it's a very good movie. Apparently Cameron Diaz can act, I was amazed.
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 12:16 am

I brought a magazine today and for the movies it rated it 3 stars how ridiculous is that!
And wats even more ridiculous is they rated public enemies only 2 (boooooo)
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 4:35 am

^ Which magazine?
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 9:36 pm

Who magazine
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptySun 02 Aug 2009, 2:55 am

Ahhh, fuck 'em! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptyMon 03 Aug 2009, 4:23 am

HAHAHAHA YOU CRACK ME UP SARAH!!
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 8:43 pm

OMG I saw it yesterday with my mum and auntie and OMG i cried soooooo much it's sooo sad
But i looove it!!! it was excellent and Cameron Diaz was awesome in it, and Abigail was brill, and sofia was awesome playing that part she did!!! sadness Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Sister's Keeper Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Keeper   My Sister's Keeper Empty

Back to top Go down

My Sister's Keeper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Johnny Depp Web :: OFF TOPIC :: Other Movies & TV Shows-
Jump to: