Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bubblegum

bubblegum

At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends" Empty
PostSubject: At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends"   At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends" EmptySun 13 Sep 2009, 11:12 am

Quote :

Those are the rather touching final on-screen words of Terry Gilliam's "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus," a fantastical rollercoaster of a film that's primarily going to be of interest to Gilliam fans and Ledger completists. Set in contemporary London and many imaginative worlds beyond, it's the tale of a Victorian-style showman (Christopher Plummer, commanding as always), his pact with a devil-like fellow with a pencil mustache (Tom Waits), and the young man the troupe rescues who then helps them with their quest. This character, Tony, is played by Ledger for perhaps two-thirds of the film; when the actor died before the filming was finished, Gilliam found a creative way to complete it with three other actors in the role: Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell, all playing the character as slightly transformed.

Whether any of it makes sense is an open question, but those who loved Gilliam's "The Brothers Grimm" and other fantasies will find much to enjoy; the rest of us will just enjoy the performances and let the slapdash and sometimes wildly out-of-control storytelling zoom right by. Depp (especially), Law and Farrell dive into their role with great ferver; Ledger's final screen performance is one of real sweetness, as he tries on a Cockney accent for size. And there's a moment (perhaps added late in the process?) that'll give all viewers a sad pause: A character, watching an array of boats decked with flowers and the photographs of famous folk who died before their time -- Princess Diana, James Dean -- notes that they are immortal. "They will be forever young."

Source: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/popcornprejudiceamovieblog/2009854445_at_tiff_a_film_from_heath_ledg.html
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends"   At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends" EmptySun 13 Sep 2009, 11:17 am

I REALLY want to see this, the trailer looks brilliant. I've only seen release dates for the USA so I'm not happy atm, I need to find out if it's coming to the UK. PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
bubblegum

bubblegum

PostSubject: Re: At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends"   At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends" EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 5:07 pm

Sarah wrote:
I REALLY want to see this, the trailer looks brilliant. I've only seen release dates for the USA so I'm not happy atm, I need to find out if it's coming to the UK. PLEASE!

In UK theaters October 16, 2009

I found a short notice on youtube with the UK trailer, hope it's right.
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

PostSubject: Re: At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends"   At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends" EmptyTue 15 Sep 2009, 5:17 am

This loooks and sounds sooo amazing so i definatley cant wait!! ooooo i hate waiting for things! lol
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends"   At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends" EmptyTue 15 Sep 2009, 9:29 am

bubblegum wrote:
Sarah wrote:

In UK theaters October 16, 2009

I found a short notice on youtube with the UK trailer, hope it's right.

Ooooh, this gives me hope! YES Smile Thanks! I hope it comes to my cinema.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends"   At TIFF: "A film from Heath Ledger & friends" Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1