Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Go down 
+3
Rani
Sarah
ilaita
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ilaita

ilaita

What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 5:02 pm

I promise: I'll try to erase every kind of spoilers of whatelse can say to you specific part or things about the movie! Smile

I just came home from the cinema.AIW is very beautiful,they did a good job.
Locations are amazing and if you watch at it deeply you feel like to be in Tim Burton's mind.
His fantasy is great and watching his movie seems like a dream.
Personally I didn't like too much Alice personality and I didn't like how Anne Hathaway played her role.Johnny,Helena Bohnam Carter and the whole cast are amazing.
I especially loved Tim sense of humor(it's something thin but if you get it you can enjoy the movie as well Wink ) he's brilliant!His point of view is great!
In my opinion the best part is the first.The second one is....I don't know how to describe it ....it's too fast.The ending part is nice.
If you've seen his other movies you can find a lot of things in common whit them.
Anyway the soundtrack is very good(very closed to Edward Scissorhands' one)and costumes are amazing(love Alice's dresses Very Happy )
My vote is 7and half /10.
What do you guys think about it?? Very Happy

P.S.=the 3D disappointed me a little. Neutral and another bad thing for us is the dub!we can't appreciate the whole job because of it!hope to watch it in original language soon!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:12 pm

I just got back from seeing it at the IMAX, and I went into it with an open mind because I've seen some bad reviews. I'm pleased to say I really loved it, it was so good.

There wasn't one bit I didn't like, apart from the futterwacken (if thats how you spell it), it wasn't bad persay and if you don't want any spoilers, stop reading... but it just seemed really cheesy and random and not relating to the rest of the movie music and style wise. Otherwise, I loved all the characters, the music, etc. I wasn't disappointed in any way. I agree the ending was a little too quick, but it didn't really affect the movie in any way.

My favourite character was the March Hare and Tweedledee/dum. Smile
I loved The Mad Hatter but the Jack Sparrow accent came into it quite a lot for me, so it kept reminding me of Jack, which isn't a big deal but I wanted the this one to be a completely separate character. I LOVED the tea party scene, that was ace.

When they nearly hkjfdbvjbvs his bvfuhdybviscb, I was like *gasp* but then it bsibvgusgvs into the bcdgsvcyvc and you're like, oooh thats cool! I hope whoever has seen it knows what I'm on about because I don't want to spoil it for the people that haven't. Very Happy

As for the 3D, it was pretty good at the IMAX, it wasn't SPECTACULAR but it was better than if I would have seen it at the Odeon. I'll watch it at my cinema and then let you know the difference, but yes it was still good.

OH! And I loved the cheshire cat. Very Happy

I'd give it an 8/10.

(Me, my auntie and my cousin spent the whole journey home shouting OFF WITH THEIR HEAD! at each other in the car. I was tempted to shout it at the Macdonalds guy but thankfully, I didn't.)
Back to top Go down
Rani

Rani

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyFri 05 Mar 2010, 2:27 pm

Yaaj, watched it today as well! I'm not going to write a whole review, 'cause I'm too lazy.

But I really loved this movie, got me in a really good mood. The cast was great, Helena did a spectacular job with the Red Queen, haha hilarious! (off with their heads!) - A solution to every problem I must say.
Johnny did a great job with The Mad Hatter as well, even though as you Sarah I sometimes got reminded of Jack, he did a pretty good job seperating them, we have to expect it as it's the same man playing them!
That crazy Rabbit was awesome, (SPOON!), I have to say, Tim and the crew did an excellent job with the special effects and Wondeland look great as did the animals and such!
Anne Hathaway was good, I havent seen her in many movies, but I really liked what she did with this character and it was pretty different.
Tweedledee/dum HILARIOUS!

The rest of the cast as well did a good job! Even though the flubberwacking was kinda random, I really think it was fun for them to just put it in the movie! But yes, quite random!

All in all I liked the movie, and I'm pretty satisfied that this was my first 3D movie!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyFri 05 Mar 2010, 4:11 pm

Yes Rania, you've just reminded me, the 'SPOON' bit was one of the funniest bits in it. I kept laughing like a little child, he was my favourite. <3
Back to top Go down
Rani

Rani

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptySat 06 Mar 2010, 4:46 am

Hahaha, me too! That's was so funny!!

Hahaha, and when The Mad Hatter is rambeling about Alices size and at the end he say "Fez", hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptySat 06 Mar 2010, 5:17 am

Hahahaha! It's just all so random!
Back to top Go down
le petit chanteur

le petit chanteur

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 6:02 pm

I may be in the minority, but I didn't like it too much.

Visually, it was appealing, but the plot was so-so. I felt Tim Burton could have done so much more.

Johnny was pretty good as the Hatter, but I had an issue with his accent. It was hard to understand him at times. I also didn't really care for his dance. (What was that all about?)
Back to top Go down
http://lepetitchanteur.livejournal.com/
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 6:11 am

I really enjoyed the movie. I saw it 5 times so far, have tickets to see it 2 more times. I have accumlated enough scene points to see 10 free movies, that is why I can see it so often. The first time I saw it, I found the movie was really, really dark. I am a Disney fan and was expected a typical movie Disney I guess. But then I have to keep in mind that it is also a Tim Burton movie.

After seeing it a second time, I didn't mind so much if the movie was dark. The more I see it, the more I enjoy it.

Johnny is brilliant in his role. He can show so much emotion through his eyes especially in that movie (bigger eyes too I guess that's why).

I really loved the Cheshire cat and the caterpillar too, really well done.

I was surprised that the March Hare had such a limited role compared to the Doormouse. All that he does is screaming and throwing stuff around. But he is a very hilarious character too.

The visual and special effects are brilliant. I love the combination of real people with cartoon characters. Must have been difficult to play for the actors.

Johnny was really cute when he sang his Twinkle, twinkle little bat song.

Oh yes, I love the little space between his 2 front teeth.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 3:15 pm

^ That reminded me of Vanessa Paradis' teeth. Smile Nice to hear you liked it!
Back to top Go down
cherokeemaree

cherokeemaree

PostSubject: Have not seen alice in wonderland   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 4:17 am

Cherokeemaree

I have not seen this movie, but I bet everyone does a good job of it, especially Johnny as the mad hatter, I think from the reviews helena and tim did a grest job too, I cant wait to see it

Cheers
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 11:56 am

Saw the movie 11 times, 8 times in imax 3D and 2 times in 3D (not imax) I paid only three times to see it as I used my scene points to see it for free.

Yesterday was the last time we could see it in imax 3D. However, it is still playing in 3D and 2D at our theatre.
Back to top Go down
cherokeemaree

cherokeemaree

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010, 3:48 am

Cherokeemaree

I cant wait to see it,maybe i can talk my mum into going to orange to see it,till then ho hum have to wait

Cheers
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 11:19 pm

I have just seen it recently in Adelaide with my two sissies and mi cousin <3 it was fair amazing. i loved it. hes sooo goood in it. as is all the other charaters, especially 'mazing in 3D hehee Smile , i might be seeing it again with my best friend. hopefully i will. tis FABULOUS Smile xx
Back to top Go down
cherokeemaree

cherokeemaree

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 1:20 am

[img][/img]Cherokeemaree

I finally own alice in wonderland dvd and it was just wonderful, I like the story all time classic, and it was interesting about Johnny saying about Mercury used in the making of hats which made the hatters go mad, excellent movie!! really enjoyed it and will watch it again for a few times!!
Cheers maree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 5:26 am

Glad to know you liked it. Smile
Back to top Go down
cherokeemaree

cherokeemaree

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 6:27 am

cherokeemaree

Thanks Sarah yes excellent movie, will watch it again soon, How do you get an avatar next to your name, i would love a picture of Captain Jack or the Mad Hatter, where it says posts join date age location that part there, would appreciate any help how to do it!!

Cheers Maree Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 4:47 pm

Click on 'PROFILE' at the top of this page, then 'Avatar' and then find an avatar, either on your computer or the URL of one online, and paste it/upload it there. Smile Then click Save and you're done.
Back to top Go down
cherokeemaree

cherokeemaree

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 10:58 pm

Cherokeemaree

Thanks sarah i now know how to do an avatar thanks very much for all your help.
Cheers maree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*   What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think about it? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Johnny Depp Web :: JOHNNY DEPP MOVIES :: Alice In Wonderland-
Jump to: