Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HP & Half-Blood Prince

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

HP & Half-Blood Prince Empty
PostSubject: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptyTue 14 Jul 2009, 3:58 pm

Post what you think here. Beware of spoilers.

I saw this today on a staff screening, half of us loved it, half of us hated it.

I LOVED it... I can't see why they wouldn't. It's weird. I was so entertained, and I think it's probably one of the best HP films so far. Agreed, they could have made some parts better like Dumbledore's death, but as a whole... I really enjoyed it. It was very funny and Daniel Radcliffe has improved a hell of a lot in my opinion. The felix felicius potion bit was rather humorous and Tom Felton played his role really well.

I've always preferred Richard Harris' Dumbledore to the new one, so I didn't feel too much emotion from his death. My eyes did glaze over when they held up their ignited wands in respect but I think he could have played the ending a lot more frail and emotionally. I always imagined him to be extremely weak when he died, and although they tried to convey weakness by Harry supporting him back from the cave, he seemed perfectly fine standing and speaking on his own when he faced Draco and Snape.

As always, Rupert Grint stole the show, he's just awesome and the best out of the 3. Hermione was pretty good and as I said, Dan was surprisingly good in comparison with the other films. Slughorn was really good as well.

Only problem... Hagrid was hardly in it. Deprivation of Hagrid or WHAT?!

So yeah, I recommend going to see it if you enjoy HP films for what they are - entertainment. If you expect too much or expect it to be exactly like the book, then don't go. It's not like they can include everything. Wink
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 2:11 am

I havent seen this, but in melbourne on the way down everywhere i saw harry potter posters in the billboards out in the street, lol
Back to top Go down
Tally

Tally

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 1:44 pm

I thought this film was fantastic Smile I just got back from seeing it and I want to go back and see it again... now!
Obviously there were things they missed out but that's always going to be the case, you can't really ever compare book to film because they're too different. Having said that I would have liked more of a battle at Hogwarts when the Death Eaters showed up.

But ANYWAY I loved it. I loved the whole struggle with hormones that they got so spot on. I thought Emma Watson was so amazing in playing Hermione's heartache and Rupert was brilliantly funny (as always) in dealing with Lavender's attention and Dan was good too but I think Emma won on the teen angst front in this film Smile

Now Snape, Snape, Snape, Snape. I love this character so much because he is so complicated and full of inner struggles and- ahhh I don't really know whether to say because people may not have read book 7 (SHAME ON YOU) But yes, that small scene he had with Dumbledore, before he actually killed him (when we had that hint of something being asked of him) is what brought the first tear to my eye. Actually that's lies, because when Bellatrix did the whole setting fire to the Burrow thing I had a bit of a teary moment.

Um and the Snape moment at the end when he told Harry he was the Half-Blood Prince <3 love. Oh, oh, oh and all the typical snarky Snape comments Alan Rickman does so well made me laugh. His comic timing and that deadpan expression ... hehee<3

Right. Now. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore... I cried, I cried quite a lot actually. Sort of from the point he caught Harry's eye from where he was watching below. The way they shot it really worked for me. And TOM FELTON AHHHHHH-MAAAZING. Jeeze that boy can act! Brilliance. Dan Radcliffe was rather fantastic here too, the part where he shouted after Snape "he trusted you!" choked me a bit and his attempts to get Snape to fight back were really heartbreaking.

Hm what else, sorry this is a bit of a rambly review but I'm still sort of buzzing and just trying to get it all down!
Luna Lovegood! I love Luna she's one of my favourite characters, alongside Snape & Hermione Smile it's just the way she's such a hopeful character and effortlessly funny. I'd hoped she would have been more of a part of it but nevermind Smile

Ahh there's probably stuff I haven't mentioned but I'm still all eeeee! and can't think of them right now. But overall best film yet. Emma Watson & Tom Felton stood out for me. The rest were brilliant, but I think these two really out did themselves in this film. So yaaaaa, if you haven't already, go see, go see!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:11 pm

I loved it too! A lot of people are saying it's the worst out of all of them and it was long and boring. Only a few people I know loved it, so we're just the cool kids. Wink *HIGH FIVES*

Ron wins it for me, always does. ;D
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 8:59 am

It wasn't the best HP movie ever made, in my humble opinion.
I think the dialogues were extremely slow, and actually.. the entire movie was rather slow.
And I was very dissapointed by the ending. I expected Dumbledore's funeral to be filmed, and it totally wasn
't. *Poof* And then he was gone.

Kinda lame.
But I enjoyed it anyway.
Ron was fantastic, Harry was better than ever (especially on the Felix potion) and Malfoy was very hot <3.
Back to top Go down
safiaaa

safiaaa

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 9:06 am

Okay im not gonnna give a long haul review on it but to be honest i was disappointed. Like all of the other films have been epic and i know that this book was amazing, so they really could have made a better job of it. Especially dumbledore's death, that was a biggie! It seemed like there was no climax to the story you know? Like i kept wanting it to build up to something huge but then i got let down. I mean dont get me wrong it was fun to watch and see all the characters again, but it wasn't what it could have been. Humour was good tho Very Happy gotta love Weasley!

I pray that they dont mess up the next two parts because the last book was INSANE!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 9:33 am

They WILL mess up the last 2 films because the books are so good, you can't capture the feeling on screen. I go into the films expecting them to be worse, and they are, so I enjoy them more.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 10:50 am

I forgot Bella! My fave! Bellatrix. <3
Damn, she is hawwt. I love her.

And yeah, the films will never be as good as the books.
But this film really let me down.
I hope they do better on the next 2.
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince EmptyFri 04 Sep 2009, 7:22 am

I just watched it tonight and although i thought it was gonna be boring and stuff.. it was quite nice to watch and kinda interesting so i like kinda really got in to it hahah Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HP & Half-Blood Prince   HP & Half-Blood Prince Empty

Back to top Go down

HP & Half-Blood Prince
Page 1 of 1