Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alice in Wonderland Fan Event

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Alice in Wonderland Fan Event Empty
PostSubject: Alice in Wonderland Fan Event   Alice in Wonderland Fan Event EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 5:02 am

JOHNNY TO MAKE SURPRISE APPEARANCE AT FAN EVENT.
Quote :
The secret is out! Walt Disney Pictures is throwing a great big ultimate fan event celebrating Tim Burton's highly anticipated 'Alice in Wonderland' at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, CA -- and Johnny Depp will be there!
Watch the ultimate fan event streaming live HERE on ETonline starting at 5 p.m. PT.
"I'm very excited to have the opportunity to present the film to [the fans]," says Johnny. "Those people have stood behind and supported Tim and certainly myself for a long time, so yeah, that's very gratifying. It's always exciting to present the film that first time out of the gate and to feel the reactions of the people around you, so that's always exciting."
Director Tim Burton will introduce select members of the 'Alice in Wonderland' cast, including Anne Hathaway (The White Queen), Helena Bonham Carter (The Red Queen), Crispin Glover (The Knave of Hearts) and Alice herself, Mia Wasikowska.
Fans will also get a sneak peek of actual footage from the film, hear a live music set by artists from the upcoming album Almost Alice, be judged by Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood on their home-made costumes and much more.
As for the film's upcoming royal world premiere on February 25 in London, Johnny says of the big event with a laugh, "I've never experienced a royal premiere -- they would never let me near the royals before."
'Alice in Wonderland' in Disney Digital 3D and IMAX 3D hits theaters March 5.
Watch ET for more 'Alice in Wonderland' excitement!
SOURCE (with video.)

JOHNNY AND TIM RECALL THEIR WORST DECISIONS TOGETHER.
Quote :
From their beginnings with "Edward Scissorhands" through "Ed Wood," "The Corpse Bride," "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and the rest, they've made hundreds of decisions together. From which films to make, to which roles Depp should play, to how he should do any given line-reading, fans have delighted to many of their choices. But when we caught up with the duo on Friday (February 19), we had to mix it up a bit and ask: What is the worst idea either one has ever brought to the other?

"Maybe just any time I've called him," Burton grinned, looking over at his frequent leading man.

"I remember one morning on 'Sleepy Hollow,' " Depp began, referring to the 1999 hit that had him playing Ichabod Crane. "I came in to block a scene, getting a cup of coffee — you're only half awake. Tim was there, giggling a little bit.

"I said, 'OK, what's the scene?' " Depp continued. "And he said, 'Well, this is where we're going to strap you to this large metal thing — which is attached to these giant horses — and then we'll drag you across two soundstages for the entire day."

Added his director with a smile, "That was on Christmas Eve, I believe."

"Yeah, it was on Christmas Eve!" Depp agreed. "And the horses ... well, I suspect they might have gone for curry not long before I was strapped in."

"Both of them," Burton said with no hint of apology. "He was dragged around for a couple hours by these flatulating horses."

These days, the duo are making a stink in a far different way — taking a fresh look at Lewis Carroll's classic children's tale in a 3-D version of "Alice in Wonderland" that has Depp playing the Mad Hatter. And with all these classics that Depp and Burton have been revisiting (Wonka, Alice, etc.), the director revealed that Depp's most awful idea is the '70s Saturday morning TV show he keeps wanting them to remake.

"We did discuss doing 'H.R. Pufnstuf,' " Burton teased. "With him playing Freddy the Magic Flute."

At this point in the interview, we were pretty sure that Depp and Burton were kidding — but just then, the world's biggest superstar unleashed a pitch-perfect imitation of Sid & Marty Krofft's talking flute character.

"Jimmy! Jimmy!" Depp screeched in a tiny, high-pitched squeak.

"Look, he's got the voice down!" Burton beamed with approval. "Perfect!"
SOURCE (with video.)

TIM BURTON INTRODUCING THE CAST ON STAGE.

Alice in Wonderland Fan Event 433

Thanks to JDR.
Back to top Go down
ilaita

ilaita

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland Fan Event   Alice in Wonderland Fan Event EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 7:20 am

^WOOOW!! Very Happy Very Happy
I'm very excited!!!! Very Happy .....eheheheh Laughing (the interview about Sleepy Hollow!! Laughing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland Fan Event   Alice in Wonderland Fan Event EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 12:26 pm

Johnny signing autographs after the event.
HERE.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland Fan Event   Alice in Wonderland Fan Event EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 3:17 am

JOHNNY SIGNING FOR FANS
Back to top Go down
Rani

Rani

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland Fan Event   Alice in Wonderland Fan Event EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 10:19 am

Thanks Sarah!
Here's the whole thing with a little talk with Johnny and Tim!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3L3AQzhgw8
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland Fan Event   Alice in Wonderland Fan Event EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 4:12 pm

Thanks Rani! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland Fan Event   Alice in Wonderland Fan Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Alice in Wonderland Fan Event
Page 1 of 1