Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
le petit chanteur

le petit chanteur

The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! Empty
PostSubject: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 10:46 pm

Love musicals? Love theatre? This is your place.

Discuss any musical you like (or don't like), performers you love (or hate, or love to hate), etc. Just saw a show? Feel free to review it here.

Lately (I shouldn't say lately, actually, it's been a while) - I've taken a fondness to Grey Gardens. The score is so beautiful ~ especially "Around the World" the melody is simplistic but it tugs at your heart. I wanted to see a local regional production - and little did I know my boyfriend had purchased tickets - but sadly we didn't go because he thought my mom and I would be going (which was not the case, unfortunately).
Back to top Go down
http://lepetitchanteur.livejournal.com/
Melissa

Melissa

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:15 am

Miss Saigon... All I can say is - I love you

I've also seen Edward Scissorhands, I was pleasantly surprised by this. I didn't expect it to be too great seeing as I heard a lot of people were disappointed by it when they realised it was telling the story through dancing. But no, it turned out to be brilliant, I loved it! And Edward walked past me and winked, haha. Was quite scary though seeing as he had scissors as his hands at the time though Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/melissaelizabethwoods?ref=pro
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyThu 11 Jun 2009, 5:11 am

Okay we all know I love Wicked... so I won't go into that on this thread.
I saw Vagina Monologues the other day (although it's not musical theatre, haha) which was awesome, and I want to see Les Mis...
Back to top Go down
le petit chanteur

le petit chanteur

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:36 am

Les Mis! :3
I heart that show so much. I've only seen it here in the states, though, but someday I'd love to see the London cast.

Speaking of Wicked...this is my favorite rendition of Dancing Through Live. Ever. (Which says a lot. Wink Very Happy)

Adam Lambert in Wicked
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:47 pm

Adam Lambert? I haven't heard him. I love Oliver Tompsett.
I want to see Les Mis, yeah. I love 'On My Own'.
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptySun 14 Jun 2009, 2:11 am

I love Wicked, I aint seen it though but the songs are brilliant especially the one with Kristen Chenoweth and how she sings popular and defying gravity with adina menzel.

and i loove Young Frankenstien with megan mullally and Roger Bart, megan sings soo good and its a excellent musical!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
le petit chanteur

le petit chanteur

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 12:58 am

Ah, I wanted to see Young Frankenstein but it closed before I got the chance!

Sarah - Adam Lambert is from American Idol...he didn't win though. But he's done a lot of performing before he went on the show, most notably in Wicked. [:

I like "On My Own" as well as "A Little Fall of Rain" (even though it's sad).
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 5:31 am

Yeah - A Little Fall Of Rain is really beautiful. My driving instructor loves Les Mis and we always sing it.

Don't you fret, M'sieur Marius, I don't feel any pain.
A little fall of rain, can hardly hurt me now.
You're here, that's all I need to know.
And you will keep me safe, and you will keep me close.
And rain... will make the flowers grow.
Back to top Go down
Rani

Rani

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 3:43 pm

I've seen a couple of musicals, but most of them are amateur theatres!
And my theater are setting up Oliver Twist, I think it's going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!   The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

The All Encompassing Musical Theatre Thread!
Page 1 of 1