Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview Empty
PostSubject: Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview   Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview EmptyTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:01 am

Quote :
During today's press conference for Public Enemies, Johnny was asked (by online internet sleuth Fred Topel) about playing The Mad Hatter and his upcoming return to the character of Captain Jack Sparrow and playing Tonto in The Lone Ranger. Do you need more of a setup? Not really, so here we go:

The Mad Hatter:

Depp: Well, the Hatter was awfully fun, you know? After doing something like a John Dillinger, it evolves where it's so overstrained because of the responsibility you have to that guy, that the Mad Hatter was like being fired out of a cannon. The Hatter was great fun, and it's one of things where you're just amazed you weren't fired, you know? [laughs]

Regarding the Hatter's look:

Depp: All I've seen is bits and pieces but what I imagined it to look like is is how I feel I thought he should look, which is the first reason I was surprised I didn't get fired.

The Lone Ranger:

Depp: The Lone Ranger I think we're still in the sort of super beginning stages so there's all kinds of possibilities, but I feel like I have some good ideas for the character that I don't think have been done all that much before.

Pirates 4 and doing the character four times:

Depp: Call me a glutton. Honestly, if we can get the screenplay right to Pirates 4, because obviously virtually no cinema is perfect. Pirates I had its own thing. 2 & 3 I suppose had their own thing and you know it got a little confusing here and there in the story. Not that I've seen the movies, but I hear tales [smiles]. I think for me, because I love the character so much, and I enjoy playing the character so much and people seem to like him, that if there's an opportunity to try again, it's like going up to bat. You wanna get back out there and try and try and I enjoy playing the character of Jack very much. At this point what I'm trying to do is turn it into a Beckett play. [laughs]

SOURCE.
Back to top Go down
~Kate~

~Kate~

Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview   Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 3:29 am

Thankies again Sarah!! I love you
Back to top Go down

Alice, POTC4 & Lone Ranger Interview
Page 1 of 1