Johnny Depp Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Johnny Depp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don Quixote - not for Johnny?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Don Quixote - not for Johnny? Empty
PostSubject: Don Quixote - not for Johnny?   Don Quixote - not for Johnny? EmptyTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:04 am

Quote :
Back in May, during Cannes, it was confirmed by Terry Gilliam himself that he was ready to venture back to the doomed Don Quixote project. It all started in 2000, when Gilliam started shooting The Man Who Killed Don Quixote with Johnny Depp and Jean Rochefort, but the production fell apart halfway through. Now he's ready to give it a second shot, but is Depp? Maybe not. CHUD has a few new quotes from Depp who spoke to press at the Public Enemies junket this week. "I love Terry and I'd do personally anything the guy wants to do," Depp said. But it's his complicated upcoming schedule that is one of his biggest concerns.

"The thing with Quixote is that my dance card is pretty nutty for the next couple of years, so I'd hate to put him in a position to wait for me. That would be wrong," Depp says. As far as we know, that "dance card" he's talking about includes The Lone Ranger, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, and others projects like Sin City 3. But is that all that's holding him back? Depp adds that even if he could fit it in, he's not so sure he'd return.

"We went there and tried for something and whatever it was - the elements and whatever got up beneath us were there and were documented well in that film Lost in La Mancha. I don't know if it's right for me to go back there."

Obviously a quote like this doesn't instantly mean it definitely won't happen. But it sounds like Gilliam better start looking for a replacement for Depp if he's going to seriously move forward on The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. And considering that Hanway Films already started pre-selling it at Cannes, it sounds like Gilliam is dead set on making this his next project. This latest iteration of Gilliam's Quixote is now about a filmmaker who ends up traveling back in time and joining Don Quixote as an "unwitting" Sancho Panza. I'd certainly love to see Gilliam make this next and I'm sure he can find a suitable replacement.

SOURCE.
Back to top Go down
Timsbury's Habitant

Timsbury's Habitant

Don Quixote - not for Johnny? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don Quixote - not for Johnny?   Don Quixote - not for Johnny? EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 8:18 am

During PE promo Johnny said something like that: I don't want Terry to wait for me too long not working. It seems to me that it was his "polite NO".
Back to top Go down
http://hppp://burtonland.3bb.ru

Don Quixote - not for Johnny?
Page 1 of 1